From the point of view of manufacturing, micronizing has the following advantages:
- Improving preconditioning and the following extrusion of the product.
- Improving crumb durability with less dust and broken particles.
- Improving external particle features.
From the nutritional point of view, micronizing could:
- Improve final product’s palatability.
- Improve particle’s stability in water.
- Improve the productive fodder’s result.
- Improve starch gelatinisation making digestion easier for fishes.