Our website www.dibaq.com (hereinafter, the “Website”) uses technology called cookies to enable us to obtain information about how the Website is used, improve the user’s experience and ensure the Website functions correctly.
Definition of cookie
A cookie is a small fragment of text that a website sends to the user’s browser and that is stored on their terminal (computer or mobile device). The purpose of these files is to store data that can be updated and recovered by the entity that installed them. Consequently, every time the user returns to the same website, the browser recovers the file and sends it to the website server. Cookies have several functions, which include collecting information about user preferences and remembering it and, in general, making it easier for the visitor to use the Website, and making the Website more useful by personalising its content.
Cookies can be classified based on different parameters:
- Ownership: own cookies and third-party cookies. This depends on the entity that manages the domain the cookies are sent from and where the data obtained are processed.
- Duration: session cookies and persistent cookies. These depend on the length of time they remain stored on the user’s terminal.
- Purpose: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies, behavioural advertising cookies, depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are being processed.
- Technical cookies: these let the user browse the website or application and use the different options or services available there. For instance, monitoring traffic and data communications, identifying the session or accessing parts of the website with restricted access.
- Personalisation cookies: these cookies let the user access the service based on certain general characteristics that are predefined on their terminal or that the user defines. E.g. language, type of browser used to access the service, or selected content layout.
- Analytics cookies:these cookies are either own cookies or third-party cookies and they are used to count the number of users, so statistical analyses can be performed on how visitors use the service offered. To this end, we analyse browsing on our website, to improve the range of products and services that we offer.
- Advertising cookies: these are used to enable the most effective possible management of advertising spaces that, where applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform used to provide the requested service, based on criteria like the content published or advert display frequency.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are used to allow the most effective possible management of advertising spaces that, where applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform used to provide the requested service. These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained through continual observation of their browsing habits, which makes it possible to develop a specific profile so advertising can be shown based on this.
Cookies used on our website
Our Website uses own cookies, which are sent to the user’s computer and managed exclusively by us to ensure the Website functions properly, in addition to third-party cookies, which we use as a tool to analyse the interaction between users and our Website. By employing these, we gather information that can help us improve browsing and offer a better service for users.
We use temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user is on the website, while persistent cookies store data on the user’s terminal, so they can be accessed and used across more than one session.
The specific cookies used on our website are listed below.
Own cookies: the own cookies we use on our website are of a technical nature, and are essential for the Website to function and to manage the shopping cart.
|__utmz, __utma, __ga, __gat||Google Inc.
|To analyse the traffic on this Website||Session and persistent.|
|NID, SNID, PREF, DV||Google Inc.||To save user preferences.||persistent|
|__gads, DSID, id, IDL||Google Inc.
|To measure interactions with adverts included on the domain and stop the user from seeing the same advert too many times.||persistent|
|skimCSP, skimGUID, skimSESS||Skimlinks||To measure website activity and create user browsing profiles, with the purpose of introducing improvements based on analysing data on how visitors use the service.||persistent|
If you would like more information about these third-party cookies, click on the link in their name.
Finally, the Website also uses plugin cookies to exchange social content.
Modifying cookie settings
The user can restrict, block or delete cookies from any website, using their browser. Every browser operates differently and so the user can consult the links listed below to find out how to do this.
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10″
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es”
- Safari: apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.50/en/cookies.html
- Safari for iOS (iPhone and iPad devices): http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.50/en/cookies.html
- Chrome for Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=es
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/es-es/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
If you would like more information about deleting, disabling or blocking cookies, you can also visit:
http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page = 2
Date of last update: 24 October 2018.